Hey, Cowboy!

 The Captain had a dream last night in which he reading something on an iPad, minding his own business when I, dressed in some sort of Mae West red feather boa dress, call, "Hey cowboy, make me a cocktail."

That was pretty much the end of his dream, but I'm totally stealing the line and have, since we woke up, referred to him only as "Cowboy."

Had I not opened a yummy bottle of wine last night that Peter and Mambir talked me into, he would be called into service to make me a cocktail tonight. 

This is the only cowboy-like photo I have of him. Ali may not have even been in Kindergarten. I don't remember the group having the event. It might have been Brownies, which would have been first or second grade.

The photo to my left is courtesy of one of his state softball league buddies, who took advantage of good weather and a state holiday to play golf. 

It reminded Cowboy that A. He hadn't played golf in too many years, B. He's terrible at golf C. He needs new golf shoes and D. His clubs date to before he met me.

He came home with a new driver that one of his friends had bought but didn't like and was willing to part with at a bargain price. It is at least three times the size of Jeff's original driver. 

I think retirement/Christmas might require an updated set of clubs...

While Cowboy woke up reporting multiple dreams this morning, I woke up thinking - again - about a chicken biscuit from the Keystone Diner


"You and I have very different dreams," he said, chagrined.

But at the Keystone Diner, we discovered something for which its worth driving in from out-of-state: a cinnamon roll pancake. Oh, my word.

I was full from my biscuit, but nibbled a bit, per the plan. Because while I desperately wanted to eat the pancake, my work wardrobe - every single piece of it - has been complaining lately when I have to get dressed like an adult.

We considered bringing leftovers home, but I knew that if we did, it would be me to finish it off, and I had already exceeded my quota, starting with the biscuit.

You'll thank me if you get to the Keystone Deli and try it for yourself.

Meanwhile, I'll be at the gym.

Speaking of the holiday, Happy Veterans Day to all who serve. It's always a great reminder of how much sacrifice has been - and is still being made. In these times of wars I just don't understand, I'm thankful for all those willing to stand up for others. But war is terrible, and I wish they were a relic of a far distant past. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If there is a God, I lost weight in the past couple of weeks

Sometimes that girl...

Catching up: Where to start?