A little holiday accounting project

My fantasy football team has no hope of making it into the playoffs. I tried 198 times to thread a needle today and failed every time. The gray in my hair continues to spread. And I'm not where I want to be size-wise. Yet, I'm feeling incredibly grateful.

We had a great time with Team Burlingame just before the holiday on a trip down to Brown County to see Chris Isaak, who did not disappoint. Photo credit: the Captain.

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving with my family and had a lot of quality time with our girl.

We had another lovely Friendsgiving with the Jacksons followed by a great dinner with Jeff & Susan and Eric & Tracy.

Alison is happy, healthy and doing well in grad school even though she misses the turn of the season and wishes it wasn't always hot and wet in Florida.

We had a significant issue with the Subaru, but it was fixed quickly.

It's seriously cold and rainy out there now with a threat of snow, but the sandbags are in the trunk of my Mustang so I'll have better traction on slippery winter roads, and the heating pad is secured to my driver's seat so I'll be toasty through the winter.

Christmas has overtaken the house decorations inside and out and the House of Merle productions heralded the start of the holiday season as per tradition.

And we are still married. Happily for 99.9 percent of the time. Or thereabouts.

By that math, I should be grateful. 

I hope the next time I get cranky, I'll remember to do a little accounting of just how bad I have it in this life. 

Might be good advice for anyone.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If there is a God, I lost weight in the past couple of weeks

Sometimes that girl...

Catching up: Where to start?